Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Guns, Girls, and Giant monsters - Assault Girls - Another Mamoru Oshii TKO

I think I love this movie and I haven't even seen it yet.
Here's why:

Did I mention, this movie has it all! The 3 Gs: Guns, Girls, and Giant Monsters. Don't know that I need to say more, but for those that need convincing, take into account that it is a Mamoru Oshii film ( The same guy responsible for the groundbreaking "Ghost in the Shell", Avalon, and perhaps less well known, but no less intriguing and bizarre "The Red Spectacles" (1987). The music was done by Kenji Kawai. http://www.kenjikawai.com
In case you are not convinced yet:
Check out the trailer:


"Assault Girls" is scheduled for a 12/19/09 Japanese release. I can't wait to get it here!
Horror and SciFi writer, Robert Hood usually beats me to the punch on these hot new films, I just toss one or two in that really strike my fancy. You can check out his fine blog @ http://undeadbrainspasm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Nightmare Sound Lab!
If you can be cool,relevant,respectful and say something interesting, I'd love to hear from ya.
Happy Nightmares